Saturday, January 15, 2011

time to find faith

     There are days in this life that leave us with mixed emotions.  Parts of the day that make us feel good, proud, accomplished even, and then that same day we can be battling feelings of frustration, doubt and anxiety.  It becomes very difficult to ignore the more negative emotions and focus on those that are positive.  Call it human nature.  For many of us, it is the negative feelings that haunt us in a sense.  We prefer to have all our ducks in a row, and phone calls, emails, daily life even can throw our world off balance leaving us feeling lost and confused.  It is important during these times to focus on the positive things are happening in our lives, and keep in mind that the negative parts are all learning experiences.  No one is perfect, and often at least in my world, we try to be.  I personally do not like confrontation.  I am a people pleaser and I am sick to my stomach when I do something wrong.  (Even minor things like arguing with my husband on who should clean dishes...)  The feelings are worse when they are out of my hands.  Waiting around and not being able to make a situation better makes me crazy!  This year my plan was to stay positive and moments like this really begin to stand in the way of that goal.  Yesterday I didn't write because I didn't want to turn this blog into a sad overthought writing piece.  My situations are what they are; both good and bad.  It is important for me to focus on the good, while trying to remind myself that the ones that try to keep me up at night are stepping stones to gaining a higher understanding of what is necessary for not allowing history to repeat itself. 
     For example, Doug and I have been living in our house for almost 2 years, and every now and then we get an email from the owners (we are renters for the moment) that inform us that there is a problem.  for example, most recently we had a garden hose hooked up to a spout outside.  The email simply requested that we unhook it, because the water could freeze causing the pipes to burst!  Well, I never would have thought about, its something I know now, and in the future (both in this house and in our future home) will remember not to repeat.  Also, speeding tickets, getting pulled over is always frightening, and although some are completely justified, some are not, but either way, they help us to become more aware (especially as young drivers) the different variations of driving.  Speeding, headlights and tailights, they all lead to different learning experiences.  Some better than others.  It is important to remember that no matter what you are not alone in any situation good or bad.  Keep faith that "it will all come out in the wash" and "it is what it is" Once a situation occurs there is no way to change it.  Rewards or consequences are issued.  All we can do is learn from our mistakes and share with other our triumphs.  We are of the human race, and mistakes are our specialty.  However, how we deal with them can be a part of our legacy.

It's important to remember "Just living is not enough, one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."

No comments:

Post a Comment