Sunday, January 9, 2011

Here's to a new beginning

      I have tried blogging before, but with little success in keeping up or following through.  Like many others the flow of our everyday lives gets underway and it becomes a matter of what we consider most important at the time.  This year I am trying something new, an attempt to keep my thoughts organized, myself focused, and perhaps even gain a little insight along the way.  Some days can appear to be routine, or unproductive, I am hoping that with the intention of writing about the daily goings on in my life, I will be able to find those little moments that take away the dreaded feeling of routine. 
     Today is my first entry as it has been my first real moment to sit down and focus on my thoughts.  Currently I am a teacher of 22, 4year olds.    I am a licensed teacher with high expectations for my classroom.  I teach (yes I said teach) 4 year olds at a Kindergarten level.  I focus on more than letters and numbers.  I teach complex concepts and ideas.  I perfect letter and number formation, and I teach the skill of blending sounds to help my small ones read a basic level one book to start.  On top of curriculum, I run my classroom 5 days a week.  I do evaluations and parent teacher conferences.  I make phone calls, create homework when requested, write comments, I write happy grams twice a month which allows me to capture the special moments of each child and share them with their families. 
     At home, I am an Army Wife.  I take care of my home, my husband, and my 2 adorable puppies.  Jinx an Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog, and Cash a border collie mix.  I am a relatively typical wife.  I keep my house clean and organized, I take charge when dealing with the finances, and I love to cook for my husband, although many times, we are a team in the kitchen.  In my free time, I watch tv shows such as, House Hunters, Holmes on Holmes, Criminal Minds, and of course we are a football family :)  GO BIG BLUE!  Unless you are of the male persuasion of the household in which case you would be a boo hoo Bronco Fan :P  Movies are my passion, and I can usually spend hours watching movies of all different genres.  I love getting lost in the characters just for a few hours.  I also love to read an assortment of books, currently finding a rhythm reading Joanne fluke murder mystery novels.  Spunky, clever, humorous easy reads that also allow a brief escape from reality.
     I mention escaping reality, but please don't misunderstand, I love my life and the way it has turned out so far, however, like most people there are times when the daily routines of our life may be busy but ultimately mundane, especially if your husband travels.  Taking a brain vacation, often allows me to return to my tasks more focused on the jobs that need to be done.  I hope that this blog will serve as a similiar tool for me as well as keep me more connected to myself, my family, and my friends.

And remember...Just living is not enough, one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower!

No comments:

Post a Comment