Tuesday, January 18, 2011

SUCCESS!!

     As a teacher, one of my jobs is to find the one thing a child does all day that is remarkable.  It has been my philosophy that for a child, each and every day they are learning something and therefore, in a 9 hour period no matter the child, at least one amazing thing would have happened.  With this theory, I usually find wonderful moments that I can write down and share with parents so they can hold onto a piece of the growth of their child while they are out supporting their family. 
    Today, it dawned on me that as adults we don't usually credit ourselves for having at least one remarkable moment a day.  An accomplishment, a realization, a new skill learned...anything.  As a teacher getting through the day without removing a child from the group is an accomplishment in itself, however, we never praise ourselves.  We as adults rarely (if ever) pat ourselves on the back for a job well done.  Sometimes in a time when so much is changing, and the world is not as it used to be, we should remember that we have the power to make a difference, a difference for ourselves and those that are closest to us.  We have the ability to make the necessary changes in our lives and our minds.  We need to remember that we are just as important as those around us, and if we don't highlight our own importance than it will be impossible to count on others around us to do it.  Throughout my day, working with the most remarkable children I have had the pleasure of meeting, there are many accomplishments for them.  In turn however, there are also many accomplishments for me.  Skills I acquire, Talents I have, my memory even is a tribute to me.  The more I learn.  The more I do.  The more I find ways to change and grow as a person which allows me to find the strength to better myself and the world around me. 

Remember...Just living is not enough, one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.

2 comments:

  1. i once being a teacher and it's so not fun at all. haha maybe that's just i'm not loving it. Singapore Florist

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true you have to love what you do, and to be a teacher patience and dedication to others children and learning have to be of your top priority

    ReplyDelete