Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Pancakes and Peas

    In case you are wondering about the title of this particular blog, I shall explain.  I work in a school, and our school has a cook Ms. Pat.  A nice lady, but sometimes a bit odd.   Today was her choice, and what that means is that she takes all the leftovers and figures out how many there are and then distributes them accordingly.  Our class was the lucky winner of pancakes (sarcasm now!  pancakes should NEVER be microwaved)  usually, pancakes comes with applesauce, sweet potatoes, and sausage.  However, because she needs the sausage and sweet potatoes for the pancakes next week, we were served pancakes with peas and canned mandarin oranges...BLEH!  Needless to say, the students were starving!  Then for snack...(remember 4 year old children!) For snack we were served pineapples and cottage cheese!  REALLY!?!?  My whole class was starving, and since my secret stash of leftover yummy snacks (Pretzels, goldfish, crackers, and raisins) was cleaned out of my room while I was away on Christmas Vacation...the kids were left to starve until returning home with their parents.  I myself am not a cook, but even the oddest of them all had to realize that this particular menu choice was not in anyone's favor.  I know this seems like a very trivial blog posting, but in reality it sets the tone for the entire afternoon.   Meaning, 1. the kids are too hungry to sleep 2. they are still hungry when its time to get up, but ha ha evil beings have taken over snack and left healthy yet unappealing items for 4year olds, which then lead to 18 emotional...cranky...4 year olds!  oh yes...5 hours of cranky and emotional 4 year olds makes me desire my bed twice as much!  Sleep here I come!  Tomorrow is Chicken patties...ahh return to that which is edible!

No matter what the circumstances one must remember (one being me...and you) "Just living is not enough, one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."

No comments:

Post a Comment