Monday, January 23, 2012

what time is it? It's military time

As my countdown to basic training continues...I find myself constantly trying to figure out what else I can do to improve my readiness.  Physically Pushups and running is still my downfall...howver my situps have turned me into a rockstar!  I have some ideas to improve my pushups and my run...and will be starting them tomorrow.  I received a map and protractor and intend on having my recruiter plot some points for me to practice with.  memorization is my strongest skill, so therefore, I have been working on overdrive to memorize those things that I was given so that I will be ready for those mindless questions come basic, allowing me more time to focus solely on the new skills I will be learning.  I have always been blessed with a fast metabolism, allowing me to pretty much eat whatever I wanted and not gain any weight...What I have learned through this process is just because you are not over weight does not make you in shape either.  I am working hard to overcome many of the physical complications, and although sometimes motivation is a problem, but I am staying focused and positive...with less than 2 months to go, I wonder how I will survive it all, but then I think about my life and my dreams, and my support and I know that in the end it will all be worthwhile. 

Just living is not enough, one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment