Sunday, January 15, 2012

Time flies...

As I look into the future that is before me, I am greeted with excitement and anxiety mixed together.  The changes that will be good for not only myself, but for my family as well is overpowering, but the challenges that I will be undertaking soon can sometimes be overwhelming.  Today, as I was filling out the new calendar for the year of 2012...2 things occurred to me...First, I realized that I wont be here for 1/2 the year.  A strange thought for sure.  Then I flipped the calendar to March, and wrote down 3 simple words..."leave for BCT" such simple words...yet they are filled with so many emotions.  I realized that with all the changes that I have been trying to deal with to prepare for those 6 months, I haven't really been focusing at all on the actual leaving.  I have thought about the missing while being away, I have thought about the mental aspects and the physical challenges.  I know that the outcome will be worth the time away, however, the thought of saying goodbye to my amazing husband and my adorable puppies for 6 months is so upsetting.  When I received my 90 day letter it seemed so close, but then when I thought about it a little more I still felt like I had plenty of time.  But now as the countdown continues to lessen, I realize that time goes by faster than I would have thought.  I am trying to get prepared as well as make sure I am spending all the time I want with my family here so that my memories continue to overpower me as I go after these new life changes.  I hope that my enthusiasm and encouragement that I have received will continue to grow and my experiences away will be as rewarding as I am hoping for.  I just need to remember that time does fly, and that just living is not enough...one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment