Thursday, January 5, 2012

new years resolutions

A few days ago, I asked my brother what his New Years Resolutions were going to be this year.  I always like to make them myself and I have a natural curiosity about what others choose as resolutions, but this year, as so many things are changing in my life, the curiosity grew.  My brother responded with a hearty list (as usual) of the many resolutions all wonderfully thoughtout that he was planning for the year of 2012.  Then he asked me..."You?"  Me?  Well, I had to admit that with all the new changes in my life, New Years kind of snuck up on me.  Not to mention that this year is broken up into 3 very different lifestyles, and the consistency of resolutions is more complicated than usual.  I was pondering this situation for a few moments, before speaking with my husband who informed me that in the 5 years we have been together he too has made some resolutions for the first time!  He has decided to give up the soda, lose the extra weight he put on from his surgery and eat better overall...great resolutions, and again I sat.  Then I thought...I have goals...I have things that I want to do and accomplish this year, but they aren't all things I will be working toward for a full year, and I will be in a situation where I will have little freedoms or availabilities for a 6 month period...Nevertheless, I bring the question...what exactly is a New Years resolution?  Is it something you hope to accomplish within the year at anytime, or is it something that must be done relatively consistently throughout the year?  Any takers?  Just curious...

remember just living isn't enough one must have freedom sunshine and a little flower!

No comments:

Post a Comment