Monday, February 14, 2011

And So it goes...

     Today is Valentines Day, and Doug isn't home from Virginia yet.  He did send me beautiful flowers today however, right to my job, which made it special.  Although, it didn't change the slightly jealous feeling that came over me when I sat and listened to how everyone was planning on spending their Valentines Day evening with their loved ones.  Holidays...no matter how commercial, are never easy when your loved ones are away.  But, I did what I do best, I focused on other things and kept myself busy.  This task wasn't that difficult because today was our classroom Valentines Day party.  Clearly the person who decided that our party had to be on a Monday, has never been in a classroom!  It was chaotic and could very well set the tone for the rest of the week...although considering what the kids were faced with...Candy, games, and a PARTY they really did rather well. 
      Now that the party is over, and in fact the holiday itself is over, it is time to refocus my energy.  This week is full of tying up loose ends and moving forward on a pathway we as a family have already chosen.  My stress level will take a huge sigh of relief by the end of the week.  Wrongs will be made right, allowing us to move forward financially with our payment plans.  The house will get a makeover, (maybe even the puppies if all the snow melts) And my notebook will get a workout as well!  My computer will need a rest and my phone will need to be warmed up!  Recently things have gotten a little stagnate, but last friday was another successful game night, this time playing Scattegories first and ending with Loaded Questions.  Then a surprisingly entertaining Professional Development class about Environmental Practices in the classroom.  The weekend ended with a new determined look on a few things and plan of action!  Now its up to me to follow through!  Doug will be home in a few weeks, and I want him to enter into the next phase with me! 

Because Just living is not enough, one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower!

No comments:

Post a Comment