Sunday, September 25, 2011

changes...

A while has passed since my last post, and many things have changed.  Over the past few months, a dream of mine has become a possibility.  I have taken steps and have spoken with loved ones, and have moved forward on the 10 year dream.  Everyone seemed surprised, some didn't like the idea, most gave advice with the best intentions.  After all conversations have been had...the decision remained the same.  I have taken the steps and joined the United States Army.  In the past 5 years I have been living the Army life, in the past 3 years, I have been living the Army Wife Life.  Now it is time to live the Army Soldier life.  I have made the decision to join the Army. I like the prospect of what the future will hold for me when I am done.  There has always been something inside of me that has yearned for the ability to stand up for what I believe in and make a difference.  I chose the college path first.  I received my BA in Anthropology and then continued to get my M.ED in Elementary Education.  I continued on that path and became a teacher in many different settings.  I have enjoyed working with children for the past few years, however, I don't believe it is what I was meant to do.  So the new path I take.  I went through a long process of testing, physicals, and waivers, before getting the opportunity to sign my contract and say my oath.  Although I have moments of panic that I am making the right decision, I remember the moment that I found out I needed a waiver, the tears flowed so forcefully I felt deflated.  And after all the worry and time that passed, I will never forget the feeling of pride that I felt when I stood in the ceremony room and said my oath in front of the captain.  I am not a fool to think that over the course of the upcoming months that there will not be new trials and tribulations that I will need to face and overcome, but the support and passion that I am feeling is so overwhelming I know that in the end it will all be worth it.

I will always remember that...Just living is not enough, one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower! 

No comments:

Post a Comment