Sunday, June 12, 2011

overcoming obstacles

Throughout our lives we continue to learn and grow.  We learn about the world around us, as well as the people around us.  As we learn we figure out more and more about the person we are in relation to the person we hope to become.  Our choices range from small changes to bigger changes depending on our lifestyle.  In some cases we realize a bad relationship is not the future we hope to have, the change comes from realizing it, getting away, working through the mental and physical damages that were done, and then finding a new relationship that suits you better.  This was what happened to me in 2006.   By 2008 I was married to a man who loved me for me, the things that happened were a part of a dark and distant past, and I was able to move forward, at least I thought I was.  However, like many young adults, I realize that still there are things I would like to do to continue to better myself.  I am happier now than I have ever been  in the past.  I love my life, I have the worlds best husband, and 2 puppies that keep me smiling and laughing no matter how bad a day might be.  I think that keeping an optimistic point of view is important, but I don't know how to keep one all the time, its a work in the making.  I love to teach, however, my current position is not always what I was hoping it would be.  My mindset jumps back and forth between the ability to try to make the job more of what I want, and back to changing the job to another passion that has always been in the back of my mind.  I want to be living a healthier lifestyle so that I can better care for myself as a whole person, eating better, and working out more will lead to feeling better as a whole.  Faith can also be a factor in feeling better as a whole person.  Relying on something in your life other than you.  It's important to figure out what makes you happy and thrive on that.  Through the books I have read I have gained a passion for writing, through my movies I have gained a familiarity.  Through my music, I have gained an understanding of how and why I feel a certain way, a connectedness.  It's important for me personally to remember that each day is a new day and that I decide how the day will go based on my attitude and commitment to positive reinforcement. 

Remember all you need is Sunshine, freedom, and a little flower!

No comments:

Post a Comment